The CQC-5K features a modified clip-point blade for versatile cutting capability. Black-oxide coating protects the blade and makes it non-reflective, too. G-10 handles in olive drab provide secure grip and a locking liner means safe and solid blade lock up.
The CQC-5K is a manual opener using either the thumb disk or the patented Emerson “wave shaped feature.” This opening feature enables the knife to be opened as it is removed from the pocket. By the time the knife has been fully withdrawn from the pocket, the blade is deployed and ready for use. A small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of the pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users.
This knife design based off the Emerson Commander model without the recurve to the blade and the pocketclip is reversible for left- or right-handed carry.
- Manual – There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Liner Lock – Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible – Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Designed by Emerson, built by Kershaw
- Thumb disk; waved shaped opening feature
- Manual opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr14MoV Stainless steel, black-oxide finish
- Handle Material: Textured OD Green G10
- Blade Length: 3″ (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4″ (10.2 cm)
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)